Initial Instructions for Weddings
1. The couple (or least one applicant) should see the priest (the one who will officiate at your wedding), at
least 6 months prior to your wedding.
2. Please approach the priest whom you wish to invite to solemnize your marriage to see if he is
available to do so. After you have checked with him on his availability, please see the Parish
Secretary to check on the date and time. Then the priest will make the confirmation with you.
3. If you are inviting a priest not from St Anne’s to solemnize your marriage, please notify the Parish Priestof St Anne’s personally.
4. The times of the wedding in St Anne’s Church have been fixed at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Saturdays.
5. For the celebration of marriages during Lent/Advent, please take into account the penitential character
of the season with regards to flowers and music/hymns. (See Ordo of the Archdiocese of Singapore)
6. Upon confirmation, the priest will set a date for your pre-nuptial inquiry.
The following documents are needed for the pre-nuptial inquiry.
– A newly-issued baptism certificate obtainable from your Church of Baptism
– A copy of your birth certificate
– A copy of your ROM certificate if you have been civilly married
– The names of 2 witnesses and their I/C numbers.
– A copy of your MPC or CEE attendance certificate
In addition (if it applies)
– A copy of any previous marriage
– A copy of any previous divorce
– A copy of the death certificate of previous spouse
7. Once your marriage date has been confirmed by the priest, please see the Parish Secretary for all other
material requirements like flowers, choir, reception etc who will advise you on the necessary payments
and arrangements. Please do so early to avoid disappointment over the unavailability of some facilities
due to late booking. Booking of canteen is on a first come first served basis.
8. Marriage Preparation Course (MPC) forms are available at www.catholic.org.sg/MPC.
Applications should be made at least six months in advance on a first come first served basis.
9. You can find out more about Catholic Engaged Encounter (CEE) for a weekend at
www.catholic.org.sg/ceespore. Please apply six months in advance.
10. For Natural Family Planning (NFP) instructions call 9106 1990 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an appointment at St Anne’s Church, please call Audrey Yoong HP: 8198 4740.